Child Safety & Security at KMP
Kings Meadow has a strict and clearly set safeguarding policy. CCTV cameras are in operation 24/7 to ensure the highest possible security for the children, parents and staff.
We ensure the safety and security of your child by the following means:
- Secure external doors with internal walkie talkies linked to each room.
- Strict entry procedures with all visitors required to sign in on arrival.
- Staff are not permitted to use their mobile phones whilst they are at work and all are kept securely in staff lockers.
- We ask our parents and visitors to not use their mobiles as well.
- All toys and equipment are checked regularly for safety.
- All electrical equipment is tested annually.
- Before opening, the nursery is checked every day by management for potential safety issues.
- A fire risk assessment is completed annually.
- A weekly fire drill is carried out.
- A risk assessment for all new and current activities is carried out by nursery staff.
- All staff have a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check. This is currently the highest level of checking available.
- If parents cannot drop off or pick up their children, they must inform us in advance of the person/people who will be picking up, including their own family members. This includes setting a password at first registration.
- We have a statutory responsibility to record every child’s attendance and absence.
- We have a strict no smoking policy both inside and outside the nursery.
- We encourage parents / carers to protecting their children outside the nursery There are two excellent websites that provide practical advice on keeping your children safe if they are using the internet. These are: